A three hundred and eighty two acre estate located near the village of Barlaston, Staffordshire. The land was purchased by the Wedgwood family in 1936 for the site of the new factory.
The foundation stone was laid on 10 September 1938, and the architects for the factory were Keith Murray and his partner Charles White. Earthenware production was transferred from the old Etruria site in 1940, with production officially ending at Etruria on 13 June 1950. The new Barlaston factory was the most advanced pottery in Britain, and firing was powered by electricity in the Brown Boveri tunnel ovens.
Wedgwood Visitor Centre,
Email: email@example.com Tel: +44 (0)1782 282986